Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3

View from the playground at the school I teach
I notice this view a lot. I grew up with this view outside of our front window. My mom and I used to sit on the couch and watch (a.k.a. spy on) the neighborhood. I blame her for my reality TV obsession.
Anyway, it just rained yesterday and today and it's been freezing here lately (by a SoCal resident's standard). Which means... snow on the mountains! It doesn't last long here and will probably be gone in the next couple of days, but it's still beautiful to look at.

1 comment:

Growler said...

Awesome that you had a similar upbringing, in that my mom and I also would "watch" the neighborhood. And our view was north facing those mountains, too. My bad was that when I would "watch" Art Beltran at night in junior high, my dumbass didn't realize that if the light was on in the living room, he could see my freakin shadow starin right at him. Durrr.