Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 12

Max weight pull-up
On September 1, 2010 I joined a CrossFit gym. My upper body strength was nonexistent. I had never done a pull-up in my life, not even when I was a kid during those stupid Presidential fitness tests. I was always the most athletic girl in the class, but I couldn't pass that part of the test. (Bittermuch? Yeah..)

So, at my gym, there are 5 levels of resistance bands that help push you up when you attempt a pull-up, with level 1 being the most help and level 5 being fairly close to doing a real pull-up. I started on level 2 and by December, I was off the bands altogether. My next goal is to do 20 pull-ups so I can be part of that club (yeah, we have milestone clubs).

Tonight, part of our workout was to do a pull-up with as much weight as possible. For the pull-up to count, our chin had to go above the bar. Tonight, I did a pull-up with my own body weight, plus 17.5 lbs (the vests that we're all wearing below have the added weight). These were some of the + lbs. girls in the workout tonight.

From left to right, +12.5lbs, +45 lbs (she's a rockstar!), +17.5 lbs (me), and +20 lbs.

No comments: