Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 20

Slacker McSlackerson
Yeah, yeah... I'm slackin... It takes me a bit to get these posts up, but rest assured that the pictures are being taken. I don't want my thousands of readers to lose sleep over it.

 So Thursdays are my days off from CrossFit. However, this particular Thursday, I was talked into going for a run. I'm not a runner. I don't enjoy it. I'm not good at it. I know it's all mental but I'm not trying too hard to break that mental block down. I know I can do it because I trained for and ran a half marathon in 2008, but I am just not one of those people who "go for runs." So in an effort to amp up my exercising for the summer bathing suit weather, I agreed to go for this run on my day off. I'm not gonna lie, a lot of excuses were made after work so that running wouldn't happen, but my friend insisted that we were going to go. So I finally gave in and was about to change into appropriate running attire when I got a text.


We went to Yard House instead, where I gracefully mowed down the mac and cheese and a pear cider. Sure, it's not getting me any closer to bathing suit season, but it was delicious and it was my day off, dammit!

No comments: