Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 8

Bear hugs rule
Today was a whole bunch of stressful. I'm not going to dwell on that. I am, instead, going to focus on the fact that I have rad friends.

My workout sucked. Well, I didn't so much suck at it, as it just plain sucked. 150 wall balls. What is a wall ball, you ask? You hold onto a 14 lb. medicine ball (imagine a 14 lb. beach ball), squat, and then THROW the ball up as high as you can against the wall, and catch it as is comes down while you're simultaneously crouching back down into a squat. Repeat. 150 times. They don't look difficult. But let me assure you, they are. By number 20, I was out of breath and could hardly throw the ball up. Yeah, 130 more to go after that realization. Wall balls are literally my least favorite thing to do.

Lately, my pal and I have been doing an after-workout workout. We try and run a mile - which is 4 laps around the building - or do something equally as stupid after our ridiculous workouts. So she came in just for the after-workout mile (she worked out this morning). Well, after doing 150 hell balls, my legs were pretty shot.

3-2-1... go. We started the run and I looked like a friggin ruh-tard because my legs wouldn't work. I ran the first lap. Pretty much walked the 2nd lap, and then literally walked the 3rd lap. And I was done. I quit.

I never quit.

I was pretty pissed at myself, but I was done. I didn't have it in me tonight. But the anger at myself was about to bring me to tears. So, being the rad friend that she is, my "running" partner saw this I'm-in-my-head moment and said we were getting dinner.


Needless to say, the dinner cheered me up (on top of the fact that it was nutritious and delicious). She rules. And that is all.

No comments: