Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 3

Breaking point
I have spent the last week trying to make the end of the school year fun and unforgettable for 120 sixth graders. I have pushed myself past frustration and exhaustion because I want the class of 2011 to have memories that they will look back and smile at. And I've done it pretty much by myself. Sadly. Since this blog isn't about the negative, I will add that I think that these kids have had an amazing start to their end-of-the-year activities. Next week will be the finale to their 6th grade and elementary memories and I hope to continue making that a positive experience for them.
In my I-just-need-a-little-more-help moment, I laid down on some benches in the shade while I let/forced another 6th grade teacher to take over the reigns of promotion practice. And this was my view...

No comments: