Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 24

So wait, it's a canyon?
I'm pretty sure the Grand Canyon isn't real. Well, the foreground is, but, as I was told at sundown, the people at Universal were going to come in and roll up the background screen until dawn.
And I'm pretty sure that I was expecting to see a giant mountain that just dropped off into a deep canyon. I didn't realize that it was flat ground that just dropped off into a chasm, if you will. (This is coming from a girl who, just within the last 10 years, realized that Italy was part of Europe. I promise I'm not an idiot. I have a Masters degree.)
If you're looking for recommendations, I say rent bikes when you're there. Because then you get to speed by those who are walking, get lost with the lack of clear bike trail markings, and wear flops all day. Here are some pictures from our day.




No comments: