Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 30

"Murph"
In honor of Memorial Day and all those who sacrifice to keep this country free and safe, the CrossFit world did a workout for our fallen heroes. We do many hero WODs, but this one is by far one of the most difficult ones.

In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael P. Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, NY, who was killed in Afghanistan on June 28th, 2005. The workout was one of Mike's favorites and he'd names it 'Body Armor.' From here on it will be referred to as 'Murph' in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.

1 mile run, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 air squats, 1 mile run

I ripped my hand in the third round of my 5/10/15 partition of the WOD so I subbed situps in for the pullups. I felt like a wimp because I didn't really do the workout as intended, but I still got through it.

No comments: